Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Doggie Fashion Show of the Year in NYC!


Getting ready for the New York Pet Fashion Show!

(Formerly know as the Pre-Westminster Dog Fashion Show)


There are some things that we indulge ourselves in that, well let's face it-- are not necessary-- but they add a great deal of pleasure to our lives.  A Pet Fashion Show, (yes I will admit it's a frivolous) is something I love to attend and be a part of. As a small dog lover, it is just plain fun, and a portion of the proceeds goes to help animal rescue.

A couple of years ago, I had the honor to be one of the designers on the runway for a fundraiser for Yorkie911 Rescue, Inc.  It was my first time as a "Pet Fashion Designer" and I really didn't know how to present myself or my designs on the runway, but I learned from watching the other experienced and well known "Dog Couture" designers.  If I ever have the pleasure of being invited to participate in another pet fashion show, I will be sure to not be shy and hide behind the curtains! I will strut out on the Red Carpet with mutts and pups who model in my designs-- just like the other designers do!




Animal lovers, those involved in Pet Fashion and Animal Rescue are making plans to attend the Annual New York Pet Fashion Show--Feb 7th, 2014.  


For many involved in the dog world, this event it is the start of an exciting, dog-centered week in New York City --held the Friday before the NYC Westminster events commence.



This year's theme "Crown Jewels of Fashion And Rescue" is sure to inspire many unique costumes for both fur babies and their humans. Some people go to great lengths and expense to wow their friends with imaginative and creative costumes --for themselves and their dogs. The Press is sure to be there with coverage on Television, and photos that are shared throughout the world on the web and social media.  


I myself have been looking for inspiration for the dog dress that my little Bella will wear. Of course my little Bella will attend the Ball!  Only the best for Bella! 

I created a board on Pinterest to inspire my imagination.  Click here to view my board

I have pulled out the beautiful tapestries and embroidered silks I have collected for my doggie designs and picked out bling for embellishments. My extra bedroom has been transformed into my sewing room once again; I started to layout some ideas on today on my canine mannequin and this week the cutting and sewing will begin. Let the thread fly!

I am excited to see the doggie couture inspired by this year's theme, and how humans accompanying their pets will be decked out!  It should be a royal affair!

Contact phone number is 646 202 3807 to reach Gregg Oehler, Chairman on the NY Pet Fashion Show.

Click here to purchase tickets.








2 comments:

  1. if you are having challenges with your dog regarding training and/or behavior you should never try to solve it all on your own. I
    houlton institutelike to suggest you because it is an online course that will help you in training your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent expertise gaining article. This submit is actually the quality on this precious topic. New Doggy day care

    ReplyDelete