Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Long Island Dog Boarding -- TLC for small breed dogs with The Doggie Nanny

Looking back...Long Island Small Dog Boarding
with The Doggie Nanny



I thought it would be a good time to post on somethings that happened over the years.

In 2010 I became a foster mom for Yorkie Rescue 911. So far we helped in the adoptions of 8 beautiful little dogs. It was wonderful to be part of the process of helping these little dogs find new homes-- helping them regain their confidence after finding themselves in unfamiliar surroundings and later introducing them to their new families. If you are thinking about adding a new little dog to your family, please consider adopting from Yorkie Rescue 911. Visit the site to see the available dogs. The list is updated frequently. You might also consider becoming a foster family for one of these precious little pets. I guarantee you will find it very rewarding.

In 2011 we fostered a senior dog that has been named Van Gogh by Rescue911-- a perfect name for this little guy as was found with one crumpled up  ear on the streets of Brookhaven. 

 I was wondering if we could find this old little man a nice home where he can enjoy the rest of his life when a miracle happened!  Watch the video about Van Gogh and his incredible story!



RECENT EVENTS

As an Art Driector/Graphic Designer I have always had an interest in photography.  Over the past year, I expanded my equipment and have been working on flash photography.  I have done still life food photography for several years now for a local bakery, but this year I did my first out-of-house photo shoot using a professional flash set up.

December 2013 I was the photographer at a Christmas photo shoot at Petsmart for Yorkie 911 Rescue--complete with Santa. Their regular photographer was not available so I had the opportunity to fill in. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate, so we didn't have the hoped for turnout. But still, we got some very nice dogs and pet parents to sit for us.  Here is a sample of some of the photos.

If you are having a pet event and need a photographer--give me a call!

To see all the photos from the shoot-- click here
Photography by THE DOGGIE NANNYPhotography by THE DOGGIE NANNY Photography by THE DOGGIE NANNYPhotography by THE DOGGIE NANNYPhotography by THE DOGGIE NANNY


And of course if you are looking for someone to care for your little doggies while you are away, give me a call!  631 742 4176.  Or visit:  www.doggienanny.com 







5 comments:

  1. I love hearing about a pet boarding place as friendly as yours! It really does make all the difference. I wouldn't entrust my cats to anyone I thought couldn't handle them.

    Jenn | http://www.welcomekennels.com.au/cattery.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures, they are so cute! You make working a pet boarding service look like a ton of fun. I have looked into it a bit now that all my kids have moved out but I feel like it could get stressful fast, have you found this to be true? Maybe I'd enjoy it best if I set a limit on how many pets I boarded at once. http://www.cottagekennels.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the first picture is the best. I like that you go above an beyond your job. A lot of dog kennels and dog boarding companies don't usually take the love of their job to this level. I think it is what makes you unique. It definitely shows that you love the job and love making the pets feel right at home. http://www.vomyounghaus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for a way to make sure my dogs are being taken care of when I'm not in town. My friends and family are all too busy to be able to watch them for me. I think it would be good to find a place that can watch them for me so I don't have to worry about whether or not anybody comes over that day to feed them.
    http://petsareinnmontgomerycounty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very awesome blog and very touching. It sounds like you love being a nanny for dogs. We are needing a place to take our dog while we are gone, but we are nervous about taking her to a place because we just want someone to take care of her like you do to your dogs. http://WWW.BIRCHBARKKENNELS.COM

    ReplyDelete