Monday, January 20, 2014

Finding Inspiration for The Doggie Fashion Show of the Year in NYC! | The New York Pet Fashion Show


Getting inspired for the 2014 New York Pet Fashion Show!

(Formerly know as the Pre-Westminster Dog Fashion Show) 


How do you get ideas for a new design? 



The theme of this year's NYC Dog Fashion show is

 "Crown Jewels of Fashion and Rescue"

One way to start a new design is to look for inspiration from the past.
I found some images for inspiration for a doggie gown
If I have time, I plan on sewing a few costumes.

To start, I have some embroidered silk that I think would make a beautiful skirt to a doggie gown, with a coordinating silk for the bodice.  I pulled some bling from my embellishment box and began to work out a design.

This is where I started:








And the final result:

2014 New York Pet Fashion Show
Bella's Gown for the New York Pet Fashion Show
Bella's Gown designed and sewn by The Doggie Nanny


Here are some beautiful gowns and jewels I found for inspiration.Visit my Pinterest board for more inspiration.

When I think of "Royal" red velvet and white silk seem to come to mind immediately, so I think I will have to create something in that color scheme too! 



 












































1 comment: