Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day from The Doggie Nanny!


Bella as the Valentine Princess



Last year I went to the 2014 New York Pet Fashion Show withBella-- my little Yorkiepoo. I created several dresses for the the event not knowing which one I would put on her.



She wore this dress inspired by gowns of the past worn by European Royalty-- (see my board on Pinterest).

I had some beautiful embroidered silk and coordinating trim that looked perfect for a Royal Princess.  I made a crown also from vaious materials--including a plastic soda bottle! She looked just grand!  
There were many amazing costumes on people and their pets at the Fashion Show-- people must have been  sewing for months in preparation for this annual event. I know I was sewing for at least 2 months to make my dresses and crowns for the event.

I made three dresses, two crowns and one cape but Bella decided she would wear the pink silk Princess Dress-- (on right)  :)



Here are some photos of Bella in her other outfit, which I decided would become her
Valentine Princess dress.



Bella as the Valentine Princess

Happy Valentine's Day!

Bella as the Valentine Princess

Bella as the Valentine Princess

Photos by The Doggie Nanny

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I think that these are the cutest photos ever. My little dog Charlie looks similar to this, but my wife and I love dressing him up in cute clothes. He is also so photogenic. Do you guys take care of dogs for weeks at a time or for just a couple of days? http://www.welcomekennels.com.au/kennels.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. some great concepts you have highlighted here, it is just amazing Adopt a dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute dog. My wife would probably love to see her little Shih Tzu dressed up in something like this. Do you always dress up the dogs at your dog boarding? I think it would be fun to come back from a vacation and see my dog look like the ones in the picture. http://www.welcomekennels.com.au/kennels.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked out your blog and you do have some good information there.
    Dog Boarding

    ReplyDelete