Thursday, November 18, 2010

Little Doggie Lovers on Long Island Unite!

Little Doggie Lovers on Long Island Unite!


Doggie Nanny News:
We recently joined Yorkie 911 Rescue as a foster family and we helped in the adoption of 3 dogs so far and we are fostering one little rescue at the moment. His name is Rascal --a shy little Chihuahua, Pomeranian mix. He came from a local home that was found to have 115 dogs living in squalid conditions. The news reports said that the dogs were fighting over food and water-- but I wonder if the reports were exaggerated. From what I understand, none of the dogs had to be put down. I was told that the vet who did the initial evaluations of all the dogs was surprised-- usually they loose about 30% if dogs taken in a seizure. I am still working with Rascal. He is not at all aggressive, just very shy. He is coming around slowly. Last night he slept close to me for the first time. Hopefully Rascal will find his new forever home soon.

Belly Bands

Over the past 5 years, I have met many naughty little doggies and their frustrated doggie parents.  I found a solution for leg lifters that I have shared with the owners of these little pee pee boys.  I recommend using Pampers on the naughty little boys wrapping them around their body. They worked fairly well as long as your little guy doesn't decide to tear apart the diaper. A shredded disposal diaper can create an enormous amount of dust in your home. Even though disposable diapers usually do the trick with little leg lifters--I thought there had to be a better solution.

Then I discovered the belly band concept. A belly band holds a feminine napkin or Poise type pad in place on a male dog's body. I started sewing my own and through trial and error-- and real life application-- came up with a design that really works. I am now in the process of investigating the cost of having them manufactured.
Many of my Doggie Nanny clients have seen my belly bands and purchased them for themselves or a friend with a naughty dog. They really work and save your rugs and furniture!!!

For little girls with a peepee problem, I purchased Puppy Panties. Though they work, I think they could be designed better. I will be working on designing a better Puppy Panty next!

Cleaning
Do you have a problem with pet smells in your home or yard? I have discovered a great solution for removing urine smell from the yard, as well as in your home. While bleach works great for removing urine smells from floors, you wouldn't want to use it outside where it could destroy grass or plants. There is a wonderful product called "Simple Green" (sold at Home Depot, Kmart, Staples, etc.) that will solve your pet odor problems inside and out!
For outdoors, I purchased a sprayer that can attach to the hose and filled it with a diluted solution of about 50/50 of Simple Green. I spray our deck, outdoor rugs, and anything the dogs might have lifted their leg on and the odors are gone!

For indoors, I keep a spray bottle filled with a 50/50 diluted solution for cleaning the floors after an accident. It is also a great product for removing soap scum in the bathroom and grease in the kitchen.
Give it a try, I am sure you will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment